Draft Bourn Airfield Supplementary Planning Document - June 2019
Representation ID: 168212
Respondent: Countryside Properties
Agent: Andrew Martin Associates
4.2 SPATIAL FRAMEWORK - OUTDOOR SPORTS
CP understand merits in distribution of outdoor sport across site in respect of phasing of delivery, sustainability, accessibility to facilities across site and for variety of uses to be provided. Sound reasons not to distribute the outdoor sports - benefits of clustering in respect of future maintenance, deliver a better quality of pavilion facilities to serve them which enhances potential use for non-sports activities, more efficient land use for residential development. Propose an alternative design solution:
* Expansion of Broadway Fields for efficiency and improved village edge;
* Expansion of northern formal sports pitch provision to form central focus and utilise enhanced facilities;
* Eastern edge of development set back from Highfields Caldecote, in a more linear form, to create an increased length with a greater set back between two settlements;
* Informal kickabout areas in North East gateway to enhance integration of two communities whilst maintaining separation;
* Country Park increased in size with expansion of existing Highfields Caldecote recreation ground.
Planning application was designed on basis of Education Authority being supportive of dual use, as had been previously agreed through extensive pre-application process. Continuing discussions. Pending agreement on dual use at secondary school, suggest this be shown hatched to denote that they are an 'either/or' provision.