Draft Bourn Airfield Supplementary Planning Document - June 2019
Representation ID: 168208
Respondent: Countryside Properties
Agent: Andrew Martin Associates
4.2 SPATIAL FRAMEWORK
Comparison of SPD Spatial Framework and Countryside's application - areas of difference:
1. HQPT alignment (moved eastwards). Secondary school building will not end vista from Runway Park.
2. Broadway access located within land outside applicant's control.
3. HQPT stop located in proximity to primary network junction, which would be difficult to achieve.
4. Local Centre located away from HQPT stop and would not benefit from footfall.
5. Formal sports provision split within four sites which improves catchment but will result in management issues and reduced changing/parking facilities.
6. Primary road network different alignment.
7. Green corridor follows different alignment. More direct pedestrian/cycle routes along it would be beneficial.
8. Additional green link shown.
9. Consistent runway corridor width.
10. Significant additional Country Park Area shown.
11. Country Park area outside applicant's control.
12. Primary school does not create an important event and focal element along primary route.
13. HQPT alignment discounts options running through St Neots roundabout.
14. HQPT stop moved westwards in front of existing DB Group cement manufacturing facility which would create poor gateway experience.
15. Mixed uses such as hotel might benefit from being closer to St. Neots roundabout. Primary road alignment slightly different.
16. Larger formal sports provision more appropriate along A120 corridor. Formal sports provision split within four sites, which improves catchment but will result in management issues and reduced changing/parking facilities.
17. Pedestrian cycle link through Aitchison employment area lies outside applicant's control.
18. DOS7 green corridor was located along existing ditch and part of drainage strategy. SFP alignment arbitrary.
19. Formal sports provision split within four sites which improves catchment but will result in management issues and reduced changing/parking facilities.
20. Additional primary road link.
21. Primary road alignment along woodland edge would impact adversely on Wildlife site.
22. Larger primary school site is shown providing an additional form of entry.
23. Significant additional Country Park Area shown.